The Haven Shelter Manager and Shelter Assistant
Oak Harbor, WA - Posted April 27, 2018
Whidbey Homeless Coalition operates The Haven, an emergency overnight shelter in Oak Harbor for the homeless on Whidbey Island. Since opening in 2017, The Haven has been open 365 nights a year serving an average of 25 guests per night. The Haven serves people who have been homeless for years, often suffering from mental health or substance abuse issues as well as those who have lost their housing due to job loss or lack of affordable housing.
- Click on job titles below for full job descriptions and application instructions.
- Click here for APPLICATION in fillable PC Word form. Click here for a PDF version to fill out by hand.
- Priority review for applications submitted by May 14th. Positions open until filled.
HOURS: Full Time, 7 day/week flexibility required. Shelter Hours: 5:30P.M. -8 A.M.
DESCRIPTION: The Shelter Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the shelter. Strong program management, organizational and communication skills are required.
- Associate or Bachelor degree, health and human services focus preferred
- Experience with homeless shelter operations and/or working with homeless clients preferred
- Current driver’s license and reliable transportation. Current first aid & CPR certification. Pass background check.
HOURS: 34-32 hours/week 7 day/week flexibility required. Shelter Hours: 5:30-8 A.M.
DESCRIPTION: The Shelter Assistant is responsible for the nightly operations of the shelter, supervision of shelter guests, working with volunteers as a team, and cleaning of the host site.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Shelter experience preferred, or comparable face-to- face service work and/or volunteer experience.
- Reliable transportation to and from job site. Current first aid & CPR certification. Pass background check.